Consuming Linked Data with SQUIN in less than 150 lines of code

From: Juan Sequeda <juanfederico@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 20:58:26 +0200
To: public-lod <public-lod@w3.org>
Hi Everybody

Great seeing a lot of you at WWW in Madrid. After the exciting BOF that we
organized, I felt determined to actually create an application that consumes
Linked Data. So while today everybody was leaving, Olaf Hartig and I spent
the afternoon hacking together a consuming linked data application with
SQUIN [1], which executes queries over the whole Web of linked data and,
hence, enables applications to access the whole Web as if it is a single
database. We used a SQUIN PHP wrapper[2], which allows a PHP developer to
send SPARQL queries in a SQUIN service, and gets the results back.

The demo [3] consists of mashing up data about the artist Lily Allen from
BBC Music, DBPedia, FlickrWrapper and Freebase.

More to come later...

[1] http://www.squin.org
[2] http://squin.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/squin/PHPTools/
[3] http://researchersmap.informatik.hu-berlin.de/music.php