Re: "humane" query editors for the data web?

Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> Sherman Monroe wrote:
>> Kingsley,
>>
>> Well said. After all, we preach interoperability and standards to an
>> industry driven by concept of isolate & conquer. In all seriousness,
>> if we are to have any real chance of overcoming the impetus of
>> proprietary interests, then we must first achieve some semblance of
>> solidarity within the ranks of our own community. Yet, some of the
>> initiatives and territorial projects that surface clearly duplicate
>> efforts and at times lack interoperability with similar efforts; in
>> the process, precious focus and energy is wasted. The notion of
>> "standing on the shoulders of your fellows" is frustratingly lacking
>> whereas it should be one of our guiding principles. It is in our
>> interests to coordinate similar efforts, and diligently seek points
>> of synergies were none are apparent. Competition within the community
>> should be shunned and hissed at, seriously. Failure to align our
>> efforts will weaken our collective effort, and cause us to bump
>> against the same walls we're trying to bring down. LOD is
>> fundamentally a revolution in thinking, from a value on competition
>> and silos to the recognition of a much greater value in co-opetition
>> and interoperbility; that revolution must catch fire within the minds
>> of each LODC member before it has a chance of spreading to the rest
>> of the industry. The question each of us should ask ourselves is, do
>> I really believe in what LOD is about? The rest of the industry must
>> be able to look to us as an example of LOD principles at work.
>>
>> -sherman
> Amen!
>
> Homogeneity of purpose must be matched with actions, we have to
> dog-food every aspect of Linked Data :-)
>
> BTW - Any comments re. the UI matters we are discussing? I ask because
> you've felt the pain our service alleviates, first hand, based your
> experience re. Cypher atop DBpedia.
Re: dogfooding, "experiencing" the data web, etc., it might actually be
useful to start with giving answers to these questions

    http://linkeddata.org/faq

And moving the "consuming linked data" section to the top. After all,
for most people, from my limited experience, they want to "take" before
they "give"--i.e., consuming free linked data before donating linked
data back. Has no other visitor beside me complained about the lack of
answers on an FAQ page? :-)

David