Re: "humane" query editors for the data web?

David Huynh wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Admittedly this is somewhat of a tease and shameless self-promotion
> :-) but I think there are a few interesting concepts in the query
> editor for Freebase that I've been working on that can be very useful
> for querying and consuming LOD data sets:
>
>    http://www.freebase.com/app/queryeditor/about
>
> Or maybe I missed it totally--is there anything similar for writing
> SPARQL queries over LOD?
>
> Cheers,
>
> David

David,

Not as aesthetically pleasing as it could be with a little dust-up but
look at: http://demo.openlinksw.com/isparql . It offers SPARQL Query By
Example.

Others: You may or may not know that we have a plethora of high level
efforts for working with Linked Data, these have existed for a while,
and devised based on years of experience working with ODBC and JDBC
compliant tools atop RDBMS engines.

Links:

1. http://oat.openlinksw.com - OpenLink Ajax Toolkit (contains iSPARQL,
FormsBuilder, other data aware libraries)
2.
http://wikis.openlinksw.com/dataspace/owiki/wiki/OATWikiWeb/InteractiveSparqlQueryBuilder

In an ideal world, we would like to focus on the engine level work re.
Virtuoso and ODS while the community tidies up many of these powerful
Open Source tools and libraries that are intrinsically Linked Data savvy
--  they deal with many tricky data access stuff already, but have some
UI shortcomings and some stagnation induced bugs.

President & CEO