W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-lod@w3.org > April 2009

Re: News from lingvoj.org

From: Hugh Glaser <hg@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 12:12:22 +0100
To: Bernard Vatant <bernard.vatant@mondeca.com>, Linking Open Data <public-lod@w3.org>
Message-ID: <EMEW3|ab2f149e8329c2adfa3d1596c70d33e8l31CCW02hg|ecs.soton.ac.uk|A62D%hg@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Hi Bernard.
Great stuff.
I'm trying to get together all these sameAs links, and put them in one
service.
I had done the lingvoj ones I needed, but I hope you don't mind, but I have
now asserted all your sameAs from lingvoj.rdf into it.
For example:
http://crs.rkbexplorer.com/crs/export/?uri=http://www.lingvoj.org/lang/en

However, this has the advantage of giving easier access to inward linking to
lingvoj from all the other ones as well.
And if you want to have it as sameAs, use
http://crs.rkbexplorer.com/crs/export/?uri=http://www.lingvoj.org/lang/fr&fo
rmat=rdfn3
By the way, you will see that this sometimes gives some linking you don't
have, for example to the "recommended" opencyc URIs.
(And yes, I know that that we will probably need to do something different
with opencyc because it is words, not concepts, but not yet.)

Best
Hugh


On 02/04/2009 10:12, "Bernard Vatant" <bernard.vatant@mondeca.com> wrote:

> Hello all
> 
> I've started refreshing the content of pages at http://lingvoj.org,
> which was long overdue.
> The data set now links to DBpedia (of course), Freebase and OpenCyc
> (which had been broken since OpenCyc had changed its URIs a while ago).
> But there are no backwards links from those yet... so far the only
> dataset that I know linking to lingvoj.org is Linked MDB, but it does
> not use the correct URIs [1]. :'(
> Please don't be shy! lingvoj.org URIs are "cool" : stable, simple, and
> dereferencable. ;-)
> Bandwidth permitting, I will now focus on data quality, for the most
> used language (ISO 639-1 list).
> 
> Some technical details : In the previous release I had generated static
> content for html files as well as RDF files. Now the html page redirects
> (html-style) to the rdf file, which calls a XSL stylesheet. The result,
> as I can see is the following, regarding browsers I have tested :
> - IE is happy with that. So in IE you can actually browse through
> languages, clicking on the codes of the labels.
> - Firefox + Tabulator extension calls its default RDF stylesheet, where
> the languages of labels are ignored ... too bad. If anyone knows how to
> have Firefox use the stylesheet declared in the RDF file instead of the
> default one, I'm buying the trick!
> 
> Next release should move from static files to SPARQL endpoint and all.
> But no real schedule so far. Stay tuned and be patient.
> 
> Thanks for your attention
> 
> Bernard
> 
> [1] Note to MDB publishers : the lingvoj.org correct URI for e.g.,
> english should be http://www.lingvoj.org/lang/en
> <http://www.lingvoj.org/lingvo/en>
> and not http://www.lingvoj.org/lingvo/en for which no semantics
> whatsoever declared, even if it is de-referenced to the same RDF file
> thanks to some http magic
> Thanks guys if you could correct this.
> 
> --
> 
> *Bernard Vatant
> *Senior Consultant
> Vocabulary & Data Engineering
> Tel:       +33 (0) 971 488 459
> Mail:     bernard.vatant@mondeca.com <mailto:bernard.vatant@mondeca.com>
> ----------------------------------------------------
> *Mondeca**
> *3, citÚ Nollez 75018 Paris France
> Web:    www.mondeca.com <http://www.mondeca.com>
> Blog:    Lešons de Choses <http://mondeca.wordpress.com/>
> ----------------------------------------------------**
> 
> 
> 
Received on Thursday, 2 April 2009 11:13:11 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Sunday, 31 March 2013 14:24:20 UTC