From: public-lod-request@w3.org [mailto:public-lod-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of jason@openguid.net
Sent: 27 September 2008 23:59
To: public-lod@w3.org
Subject: RDFa in Wikipedia

Some of the biggest linked datasets are derived from Wikipedia and
semantic URIs are generated from article names.

Wouldn't it make sense to develop a MediaWiki plugin (or core
enhancement) that allows tagging of an article with a URI instead?

Ideally you could tag any arbitrary content with the 'about' attribute,
etc (a full featured RDFa plugin).  Though tagging just the main content
div would be a great start.  Maybe it's as simple as a text box at the
bottom of the article edit screen.

Then we would just need to convince Mr. Wales to enable it on Wikipedia
and we would have more robust subject mapping.

Thoughts?  Anyone familiar with MediaWiki have free cycles?  :)

Jason

http://www.bbc.co.uk/