From: public-lod-request@w3.org [mailto:public-lod-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Paul Miller
Sent: 23 September 2008 13:22
To: Kingsley Idehen
Cc: public-lod@w3.org
Subject: Re: New Calais proxy could grow Linked Data Cloud

>From the post...

"SemanticProxy will return dereferenceable Linked Data URIs by the end
of this quarter."

Paul

--
Paul Miller
Technology Evangelist, Talis

http://blogs.zdnet.com/semantic-web/

www.linkedin.com/in/pau1mi11er

On 23 Sep 2008, at 13:02, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

	Paul Miller wrote:

		Members of this list might be interested in my write-up
of ThomsonReuters' latest beta service... which I think will prove
pretty useful in growing the Linked Data cloud... especially for news
content from the BBC et al...

		http://blogs.zdnet.com/semantic-web/?p=194

		Paul

		--

		w: www.talis.com/ <http://www.talis.com/>  skype:
napm1971

		mobile/cell: +44 7769 740083

		http://blogs.zdnet.com/semantic-web/

		_www.linkedin.com/in/pau1mi11er
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/pau1mi11er>_

	Paul,

	How does this actually benefit or contribute to the Linked Data
Cloud? I ask specifically because URIs (of the dereferencable variety)
are missing in action. Hopefully, I am completely overlooking something
here :-)

	We tend to use the term "Proxy" or "Wrapper" to describe
solutions in the Linked Data realm that generate dereferencable URIs
based RDF graphs  (aka. Linked Data Spaces) "on the fly" via RDF-ization
middleware.

	If possible, please encourage the OpenCalais folks (Tom et al.)
to respond to my comments above via a response to this post.

	Example Proxy / Wrapper URIs in the wild:

	1.
http://demo.openlinksw.com/proxy/html/http://www.freebase.com/view/en/ab
raham_lincoln - Document about Abraham Lincoln
	2.
http://demo.openlinksw.com/about/html/http://demo.openlinksw.com/about/r
df/http://www.freebase.com/view/en/abraham_lincoln%23this  - Abraham
Lincoln the Entity of type foaf:Person that is also a sioc:Item
	3.
http://demo.openlinksw.com/about/html/http://demo.openlinksw.com/about/r
df/http://www.crunchbase.com/company/thomson-reuters%23this - Thompson
Reuters the Entity of type foaf:Organization that is also a sioc:Item
	4.
http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/flickrwrappr/photos/Thomson_Reuters -
Thompson Reuters photos from Flickr
	5.
http://demo.openlinksw.com/rdfbrowser2/?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww4.wiwiss.fu-
berlin.de%2Fflickrwrappr%2Fphotos%2FThomson_Reuters - Browser view of
the data space exposed by the Flickr wrapper URI

	Kingsley Idehen      Weblog:
http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/~kidehen
	President & CEO OpenLink Software     Web:
http://www.openlinksw.com

http://www.bbc.co.uk/