Re: Querying dbpedia from the command line?

Richard Cyganiak wrote:
> 1. SPARQL is great, but too verbose for the command line.

I don't worry about this much, because I'm not interested in using it
from the command line per se as much as the ability to use a script to
retrieve data from a SPARQL endpoint, and doing it from the command line
is the first step toward that. Doing it from a python/perl/etc. script
and loading it into data structures from these languages is the next
step I want to pursue.

> 3. We are all waiting for SPARQL processors that federate multiple
> SPARQL endpoints transparently into a single endpoint. Progress is being
> made in this area, but it's slow. Meanwhile, there is a very nice 80/20
> solution to this problem: Andy Seaborne has implemented a SERVICE
> keyword for his extended variant of SPARQL, which allows you to address
> parts of a SPARQL query to a specific endpoint. This seems like an easy
> win for data integration demos.

Definitely, and to help the concept of Linked Data live up to its name.
I had been planning a blog post titled "Linking Linked Data" but wasn't
sure how I was going to go about it. I look forward to playing with the
SERVICE keyword.

Bob