Re: Linked data at Freebase

From: Ed Summers <ehs@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 06:28:29 -0400
To: "Yves Raimond" <yves.raimond@gmail.com>
Cc: "public-lod@w3.org" <public-lod@w3.org>

Hi Yves:

Wow, this is exciting news! I wonder would it be a quick fix to get
the service doing a 303 instead of a 302:

uqbar:~ ed$ curl -I http://rdf.freebase.com/ns/en.blade_runner
HTTP/1.0 302 FOUND
Server: PasteWSGIServer/0.5 Python/2.4.4
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 04:10:11 GMT
content-type: text/html; charset=utf-8
location: http://rdf.freebase.com/rdf/en/blade_runner
pragma: no-cache
cache-control: no-cache
Connection: close

Also, could the HTML views (e.g.
http://www.freebase.com/view/en/blade_runner) have a bit of
autodiscovery for the data view?

    <link rel="alternate" type="application/turtle"
href="http://rdf.freebase.com/rdf/en/blade_runner" title="rdf" />

This would allow agents that care about the RDF view to be able to
discover it while browsing the web of documents.

Nice work!

PS. You can use Vapour the Linked Data Validator to help with some of
this checking: for example