Do we need another list(s)? Was "other things"

Thanks Aldo,
Very clear.
I agree; what is the forum for users to ask some questions without getting
dragged into the developer world?
We could point them at the wiki, and the developing material on how to do
things, but they still need to be able to ask questions.
Ravinder asked a sensible question of the sort that should get a
well-serviced response; he got some of that (eg I said "here are some SPARQL
endpoints, have fun!"), but we then moved back into developer mode and had a
discussion among ourselves. This is not the first time this has happened, I
think.
And I suspect that quite a few existing list members are feeling the content
is too detailed.
It is very exciting that we should have got to the stage where we have this
problem!
You suggest lod-dev and lod-users
Checking the W3 lists it seems they don't really have a standard way of
splitting things. Similar situations:
eg
    public-owl-comments - This is the public feedback mailing list
    public-owl-dev
    public-owl-wg - Technical discussion of the OWL Working Group.
Or
    www-amaya - discussion about general issues of Amaya
    www-amaya-dev - Technical discussion about Amaya.
    www-amaya-developers
    www-amaya-doc - Discussion among contributors

I am not in favour of having many lists, nor changing names.

So I think it would be a good idea to create a new list "public-lod-dev",
and use public-lod for our users (should it be used for announcements as
well?).
I guess that is a formal proposal, if the protocol allows me to do so.
Any takers?

How do we decide?
I guess we wouldn't want to flood the list with yes/no/maybe.
Someone can put out a simple message and then gather votes?
I would be happy to, or does someone else want to?
Feel free to email me privately with "yes please", "I'll do it" or "no
don't".
Sorry if I am out of order here, but let's get to a conclusion with minimum
fuss.

Best
Hugh