Re: Can we afford to offer SPARQL endpoints when we are successful? (Was "linked data hosted somewhere")

Sounds about right.
So the widespread offering of SPARQL endpoints at the moment is because that's all we really understand well so far.
In the longer run, we may be less likely to offer SPARQL, but we will understand better what are the good RESTful services, and how to describe them well.
Best
Hugh