Re: Dataset vocabularies vs. interchange vocabularies

On 26 Nov 2008, at 21:53, John Graybeal wrote:
<snip>
> would you agree that duplicating a massive set of URIs for 'local
> technical simplification' is a bad practice? (In which case, is the
> question just a matter of scale?)

You are asking me if 'local technical simplification' is a good reason
or a bad reason for duplicating URIs? Uh, I guess it depends...

My point was this: The key benefits of URI re-use can also be obtained
by minting your own URIs and linking them to existing URIs via
adequate RDF properties. And that practice can have additional
practical/implementation benefits (and costs). Hence, consider both
options; there's no reason to knee-jerk against creating new
identifiers.

Best,
Richard