Re: European virtual library for shared cultural and scientific heritage

Kjetil,

I had the good fortune of seeing the site and when I saw an mage, titled "The origin of the world" I knew hackers would take down the site. There is a text on the temporary site" The Europeana site is temporarily not accessible due to overwhelming interest after its launch (10
                million hits per hour), which smells of denial of service after a massive attack.

The site is part of the Digital Library Project of the European Union. I recommend you check with Jonathan Purday (http://www.kb.nl/nieuws/2008/europeana-en.html).
Or go to" http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/index_en.htm and look for semantic web programs and projects.

Milton Ponson
GSM: +297 747 8280
Rainbow Warriors Core Foundation
PO Box 1154, Oranjestad
Aruba, Dutch Caribbean
www.rainbowwarriors.net
Project Paradigm: A structured approach to bringing the tools for sustainable development to all stakeholders worldwide
www.projectparadigm.info
NGO-Opensource: Creating ICT tools for NGOs worldwide for Project Paradigm
www.ngo-opensource.org
MetaPortal: providing online access to web sites and repositories of data and information for sustainable development
www.metaportal.info
SemanticWebSoftware, part of NGO-Opensource to enable SW technologies in the Metaportal project
www.semanticwebsoftware.org