Re: Size matters -- How big is the danged thing

David Wood wrote:

> On Nov 21, 2008, at 5:51 PM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> I would frame the question this way: is LOD hub now dense enough for
>> basic demonstrations of Linked Data Web utility to everyday Web
>> users? For example, can we "Find" stuff on the Web with levels of
>> precision and serendipity erstwhile unattainable? Can we now tag
>> stuff on the Web in a manner that makes tagging useful? Can we
>> alleviate the daily costs of Spam on mail inboxes? Can all of the
>> aforementioned provide the basis for relevant discourse discovery and
>> participation?
>
> An interesting experiment might be to start at some bit of RDF (a FOAF
> document or some such) and follow-your-nose from link to see to see
> how far the longest path is.  If it is very, very long (maybe even
> nicely loopy since the LOD effort), then life is good.
>
> Regards,
> Dave

Dave,

That's what this is all about:
http://b3s.openlinksw.com/  ( a huge Linked Data corpus, talking 11
Billion or so triples).  What was missing from this demo all along was a
"Find"  feature that hides all the SPARQL :-)

Also, there will be more when we finally release the long overdue update
to the OpenLink Data Explorer :-)

President & CEO