Re: Size matters -- How big is the danged thing

On Nov 21, 2008, at 5:51 PM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> I would frame the question this way: is LOD hub now dense enough for
> basic demonstrations of Linked Data Web utility to everyday Web
> users? For example, can we "Find" stuff on the Web with levels of
> precision and serendipity erstwhile unattainable? Can we now tag
> stuff on the Web in a manner that makes tagging useful? Can we
> alleviate the daily costs of Spam on mail inboxes? Can all of the
> aforementioned provide the basis for relevant discourse discovery
> and participation?

An interesting experiment might be to start at some bit of RDF (a FOAF
document or some such) and follow-your-nose from link to see to see
how far the longest path is.  If it is very, very long (maybe even
nicely loopy since the LOD effort), then life is good.

Regards,
Dave