Re: Size matters -- How big is the danged thing

Giovanni Tummarello wrote:
>> Overall, that's about 17 billion.
>>

> IMO considering myspace 12 billion triples as part of LOD, is quite a
> stretch (same with other wrappers) unless they are provided by the
> entity itself (E.g. i WOULD count in livejournal foaf file on the
> other hand, ok they're not linked but they're not less useful than the
> myspace wrapper are they? (in fact they are linked quite well if you
> use the google social API)
>

> Giovanni

Giovanni,

Maybe we should use the following dichotomy re. the Web of Linked Data
(aka. Linked Data Web):

1. Static Linked Data or Linked Data Warehouses - which is really what
the LOD corpus is about
2. Dynamic Linked Data - which is what RDF-zation middleware (including
wrapper/proxy URI generators) is about.

Thus, I would say that Jim is currently seeking stats for the Linked
Data Warehouse part of the burgeoning Linked Data Web. And hopefully,
once we have the stats, we can get on to the more important task of
explaining and demonstrating the utility of the humongous Linked Data
corpus :-)

ESW Wiki should be evolving as I write this mail (i.e. tabulated
presentation of the data that's already in place re. this matter).

All: Could we please stop .png and .pdf based dispatches of data, it
kinda contradicts everything we stand for :-)

President & CEO