Re: Size matters -- How big is the danged thing

Hello!

> I guess I asked the question wrong - the linked open data project currently
> identifies a specific set of dat resources that are linked together - so
> thie "entity" is definable - I didn't mean to  ask how big the whole
> Semantic Web is - I meant how many triples are in this particular group -
> the set that are described on
> http://esw.w3.org/topic/SweoIG/TaskForces/CommunityProjects/LinkingOpenData

Here are some stats, updated from a paper we wrote with Tom, Michael
and Wolfgang [1]. It doesn't include all of the datasets added in the
last revision of the diagram though (it lacks LinkedMDB, for example).
http://moustaki.org/resources/lod-stats.png

(sorry for the png, I ll upload that in a handier format soonish).

\mu is just the size of the dataset in triples.
\nu is the |L| * 100 / mu , where L is the set of triples linking to
an external dataset..

Overall, that's about 17 billion.

Cheers!

[1] http://sw-app.org/pub/isemantics08-sotsw.pdf