Re: Size matters -- How big is the danged thing

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 1:26 PM, Giovanni Tummarello
<giovanni.tummarello@deri.org> wrote:

>> dbtune.org provides at least 14 billion triples (see
>> http://blog.dbtune.org/post/2008/04/02/DBTune-is-providing-131-billion-triples
>> + the Musicbrainz D2R server at http://dbtune.org/musicbrainz/, so I
>> guess you'd need a pretty big phone to aggregate all that :-)
>
> .. thus the problem with wrappers should they be counted in ?

Indeed. But after all, even a database exposed via Virtuoso or D2R can
actually be considered as a wrapper. It's easy enough to estimate the
number of triples a wrapper provides, by analysing the source data, so
why not counting them?

>> outdated... For example, at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes, we
>> publish at least 10 billion triples. I guess the number of triples at
>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/beta must be quite large as well.
>
> that's like 15 times wikipedia,? how's that composed?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/

Lots of information about all BBC programmes: brands, series,
episodes, versions, broadcasts, etc...

Cheers!