Re: DBpedia 3.2 release, including DBpedia Ontology and RDF links to Freebase

Hello,

John Goodwin wrote:

>> John's comment relates to (at least) the axioms on "publisher":
>>
>> The semantics of range mean that you have essentially asserted that
>>  the range of published is [Person and Company]. If you want the
>> union, you'll have to explicitly use the unionOf constructor here.
>
> Thanks Sean, yup that's the one. There were a few other cases of that
> elsewhere as well.

That's indeed a bug, which we need to fix (should have come out as union
instead). You made it kind of hard for me to understand your first post
correctly. ;-)

> This is also a good example of where (IMHO) the
> domain was perhaps over specified. For example all sorts of things
> could have publishers, and not the ones listed here. I worry that if
> you reuse DBpedia "publisher" elsewhere you could get some undesired
> inferences.

In the future, there will be a user interface for specifying
domains/ranges. (Georgi is working on it.) We hope that the quality of
the schema will increase over time.

Kind regards,

Jens

--