RE: are there Legal (Courts, PACER, transcripts, Administrative Law, etc) interests in linked data

Hi Dwight,

I have no idea if we have any attorneys on this list (if you're out
there, please wave :), but the legal domain would be a great use case
for Linked Data IMHO.

A couple of months back I uploaded a bunch of the XHTML docs from
http://bulk.resource.org/courts.gov/c/ into a Talis Platform store with
a view to playing around with them some more, but I didn't yet get as
far as extracting any RDF from them yet, and am unlikely to have the
time any day soon.

However, taking a brief look at the content, there are interesting
people and places in there, so it shouldn't be too hard to extract some
linkable data and at least hook it up to Geonames (and Dbpedia
perhaps?), not to mention all the useful URIs that could be provided by
cases/rulings/whatever (here my legal knowledge runs out).

If you (or anyone else) wanted to have a crack at this, we (Talis) would
be very happy to provide storage/hosting for the resulting data set.

Cheers :)

Tom.