Re: [Dbpedia-discussion] linking conceptnet to Dbpedia, Yago

Hi Akshay,

> Conceptnet is a commonsense database in form of a large semantic network
> containing
> 150,000 concepts and 700,000 assertions. http://conceptnet.media.mit.edu/
> The concepts are linked to each other by 23 predicates. ( eg. Dog isa
> pet )
> currently i am trying to bring this dataset ( creative commons 3.0
> license )
> on semantic web by linking with dbpedia.

The description of Conceptnet on the project page sounds like this ontology
could be very useful within many projects and it would be great to have it
on the Semantic Web!

> However as i am new to this field i request your advice on how it can be
> done.
> Till now i have been successful in linking the good quality (more than one
> assertion)
> concepts from concpetnet with cwcc classes and yago classes.
> ( the concepts are linked with categories as all member of the
> categories can be considered as related to the concept)
> The data is available from here
>
> aubhat2.googlepages.com
>
> Before linking the concepts with wikipedia articles (as done in cyc
> dataset)
> i would like to get your opinions regarding the similarity metrics which
> can be used.

Frederick and Mike (cc'ed) are currently doing similar work with
interlinking their UMBEL ontology http://www.umbel.org/ with DBpedia and
Yago.

I guess they would be the right people to talk to about similarity metrics.

For information about publishing your data, you could have a look at
http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/bizer/pub/LinkedDataTutorial/

Keep on the good work!

Cheers

Chris