Re: Linked Data talks at XTech in Dublin (6th-9th May)

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 14:07:05 -0400
To: Andrew Walkingshaw <andrew@lexical.org.uk>
CC: Chris Bizer <chris@bizer.de>, public-lod@w3.org

Andrew Walkingshaw wrote:
> On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 10:13 AM, Chris Bizer <chris@bizer.de> wrote:
>>  there are plenty of interesting Linked Data talks at XTech this year. For
>> instance:
>>  and a complete track on Open Data
>>  http://2008.xtech.org/public/schedule/topic/23
> If you'll excuse the blatant self-promotion, I'm speaking on this kind
> of thing too -
> http://2008.xtech.org/public/schedule/detail/527
> 9:45am Friday: "Representing, indexing and mining scientific data
> using XML and RDF: Golem and CrystalEye"  (Andrew Walkingshaw,
> University of Cambridge
> I hope what I'm going to say will be interesting to Linked Data
> people. A large chunk of my presentation's about automated extraction
> of triples from a corpus of a few tens of thousands of sets of
> experimental data in crystallography, and some of the things you can
> do with those triples once you've got them.
> Hope to see some of you there!
> Best wishes,
> Andrew Walkingshaw (http://wwmm.ch.cam.ac.uk/blogs/walkingshaw/)

My Linked Data Space
(as in my public Blog Space) has been updated accordingly :-)

Others, you may notice the I am kinda preoccupied with Linked Data
"dog-fooding" :-) In this case I've rehashed the mail from Chris in
palatable Linked Data form via a blog post.

I will be doing the same with the LODW presentations once I have a sense
of how many are actually live via URIs and how many I need to export to
the Linked Data Web (via my Briefcase
<http://community.linkeddata.org/dataspace/person/kidehen2> / WebDAV
space at http://community.linkeddata.org/ods )  from the various mail
attachments received in response to Chris' initial mailer.

President & CEO