Update re. DISCO and Sponger Proxy URIs: [Dbpedia-discussion] Metaweb has published Freebase data dumps

Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> Chris Bizer wrote:
>>
>> Hi Kingsley,
>>
>>> RDFization / Triplicifation of the Freebase Web Services (we've had
>>> this since a few weeks after Banff)
>>
>> great! Can you please explain this in a bit more detail.
>>
>> Do you already provide a wrappers so that I can simply put a URI into
>> the Tabulator or DISCO adress bar and get the corresponding data from
>> Freebase displayed? Somethink like the RDF Book Mashup?
> Yes.
>
> We've had a sponger for Freebase for a while, the issue has been the
> quality of the end product (their APIs only go so far) and some quirks
> in our sponger cartridge (e.g. it gets too much data i.e. all the Atom
> and RSS it finds in addition to the stuff from their API).
>>
>> If yes, it would be great if you could send some example URIs to the
>> list.
> Of course, I just want it cleaned up first :-) See the links below.
>>
>> If this (as I guess) somehow involves SPONGER, could OpenLink setup
>> SPONGER in a way that is works like a simple RDF wrapper around the
>> Freebase API and so that people can just use the Freebase data with
>> Tabulator or any other Linked Data browser without having to go into
>> the details of SPONGER first?
> Of course. This is what happens today via our RDF Browser (i.e it use
> the Sponger Proxy Service of it's host instance). What you are asking
> for is the Sponger as a Web Service (*which means having it on e.g.
> DBpedia instance*). The funny thing is that is is always available as
> a REST Service of all Virtuoso instances, it just isn't on by default
> for a myriad of reasons.
>
> Here is an example URI:
> http://demo.openlinksw.com/proxy/rdf/http://www.freebase.com/view/en/open_database_connectivity
> (About ODBC
> <http://demo.openlinksw.com/rdfbrowser/?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.freebase.com%2Fview%2Fen%2Fopen_database_connectivity>
> from Freebase)
> http://demo.openlinksw.com/proxy/rdf/http://musicbrainz.org/release/ef5c8852-ac75-4302-8b3b-8c587f78256a.html#this
> (About Diana Ross
> <http://demo.openlinksw.com/rdfbrowser/?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fdemo.openlinksw.com%2Fproxy%2Frdf%2Fhttp%3A%2F%2Fmusicbrainz.org%2Fartist%2F60d41417-feda-4734-bbbf-7dcc30e08a83.html%23this>
> from Musicbrainz)
>

> DISCO and Tabulator aren't processing these URIs above. I suspect the
> secondary "http://" pattern is possibly problematic for both, and >
> 100 Triple count for DISCO re. Diana Ross. Anyway, we are going to
> shave the Triple Count down via Paging re. the Sponger proxy so that
> you have the equivalent of what's demonstrated via the DISCO view of
> my URIs below:
DISCO is working :-) I just shouldn't have used Safari for my tests :-)
Example:  About Diana Ross
<http://demo.openlinksw.com/proxy/rdf/http://musicbrainz.org/artist/60d41417-feda-4734-bbbf-7dcc30e08a83.html#this>
based the Sponger Proxy URI for Dianna Ross:
http://demo.openlinksw.com/proxy/rdf/http://musicbrainz.org/artist/60d41417-feda-4734-bbbf-7dcc30e08a83.html#this

Tabulator isn't working still, so I need to chase Tim about that.

President & CEO