Re: LOD, TechPresentations.org and Semantic MediaWiki

On 31 Mar 2008, at 15:09, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> Who is behind: http://143.224.254.32/irs/ ?

Michael Hausenblas, who is also on this list.

> I ask because I note that it doesn't attempt discern owl:sameAs
> links from input URIs. For instance, I have a lot of owl:sameAs
> links that can be discerned via any of my data space uris:
> 1. http://myopenlink.net/dataspace/person/kidehen#this
> 2. http://community.linkeddata.org/dataspace/person/kidehen2#this
> 3. http://kidehen.idehen.net/dataspace/person/kidehen#this
>
> The system should ask me to confirm the owl:sameAs claims rather
> than make me type them in all over again, is my key point.

I think the idea is that this system can be used to easily add new
links to the global graph. I think the intention is *not* to repeat
statements that have been made elsewhere already. It's about
publishing new links, not aggregating existing ones.

Richard