Re: Linked Data in blog post from TimBL about Semantic Web in the news

Tom Heath wrote:
> Morning all,
>
> In case your feedreader hasn't flagged this for you yet, it's an
> interesting blog post from TimBL that, among other things, has some nice
> words to say about Linking Open Data:
>
> http://dig.csail.mit.edu/breadcrumbs/node/232
>
> It also does a good job of encouraging people to relax about finding
> "the Semantic Web killer app"; at least that's what I took from it.
> Bravo.
>
> Tom.

Tom,

One of the key messages in this post was the importance of "Open Data
Access" when labeling offerings as "Semantic Web" oriented. Multiple
views of the same source data is mandatory, in a nutshell.

As for the quest for the killer application, I remain of the opinion
that "Linked Data" via de-referencable URIs is the killer application of
the Semantic Web vision. Just as "Linked Documents" via de-referencable
URLs is the killer application of the Document Web.

Most importantly, Tim reminded everyone that the Document Web and the
Semantic Web are mutually inclusive aspects of a single World Wide Web :-)

President & CEO