Re: Where is the INTERLINKED multimedia data?

From: Yves Raimond <yves.raimond@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 17:40:07 +0100
To: "Bob Wyman" <bob@wyman.us>
Cc: "Hausenblas, Michael" <michael.hausenblas@joanneum.at>, public-lod@w3.org, "Semantic Web" <semantic-web@w3.org>

Hello!

> What do you propose that is not already covered by HyTime? (ISO/IEC
> 10744:1992) Haven't we been here before?
>
> http://www.hytime.org/

Actually, the time model in MO is quite similar to the one used in
HyTime:  events classifying regions of timelines (which may be
abstract or concrete), that you may project onto one another for
alignment purposes. See for example
http://wiki.musicontology.com/index.php/Structural_annotations_of_%22Can%27t_buy_me_love%22_by_the_Beatles
which gives a structural segmentation of a Beatles recording.

Cheers!