Linked Data re Non-Profits and NGO's. Have data, need vocabulary.

From: Bob Wyman <bob@wyman.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 19:19:42 -0400
To: public-lod@w3.org
I would like to make available as Linked Data several databases describing
several million non-profits, NGO's and foundations. The data includes things
like name of organization, address, budget, source of funds, major programs,
key personnel, relationships to other organizations, area of expertise, etc.

What I don't have is an RDF vocabulary with which to describe these things.
While I could define one myself, I would like to base my work on existing
standards," or common practice, however, seemingly endless digging through
the web indicates that there aren't any obvious "standards" for describing
even basic things like address in RDF. Perhaps, I'm looking in the wrong
places...

Ideally, I would find some well formed vocabulary for a "Business
Description" that I could use or adapt. I would appreciate it if anyone
could give me pointers to either such a well worked vocabulary or at least
to smaller vocabularies for things like address that I could use in
composing a vocabulary with which to publish this data. Can you help?

bob wyman