Re: fans of Linked Open Data and the NFL, NHL, or Major League Baseball?

From: Bob DuCharme <bob@snee.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 13:16:07 -0400
To: kidehen@openlinksw.com
CC: public-lod@w3.org

Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> Today we have ESPN and co. offering analysis via the traditional one-way
> TV medium. Tomorrow, I envisage a conversation space connected by
> analytic insights from "Joe Public" the analyst.  Also, what's good for
> sports applies to Politics, Finance, Soap Operas, and other realms.

What I'd really like to do as a next step is to identify a Linked Open
Data advocate who happens to watch a lot of one of the sports for which
more data is becoming available, and then encourage that person to get
in touch with one of the stats-oriented communities within that sport to
help make these stats available as a SPARQL endpoint. If it was soccer,
Uche would be an obvious candidate, but judging by
http://www.sportsstandards.org/oc the NHL, NFL, or MLB seem to be the
best places to start.

At the next Boston/Cambridge/semweb/LOD meetup, I suggest you keep you
eye out for Red Sox, Bruins, or Pats-themed clothing...

Bob