Re: [call for comments] voiD - vocabulary of interlinked datasets

From: Yves Raimond <yves.raimond@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 11:05:34 +0100
To: "Jun Zhao" <jun.zhao@zoo.ox.ac.uk>
Cc: "Olaf Hartig" <hartig@informatik.hu-berlin.de>, "Keith Alexander" <k.j.w.alexander@gmail.com>, "Hausenblas, Michael" <michael.hausenblas@joanneum.at>, public-lod@w3.org

Hello again!

As an example is worth 1000 words, I just made up one for this
void:example property.

http://moustaki.org/void/void.n3 describes some aspects of one of the
DBtune dataset. It links, through the void:example property, towards a
RDF document at http://moustaki.org/void/jamendo_example.n3 .

The SPARQL query at http://moustaki.org/void/void.sparql asks the
following question "is there a dataset described in this RDF which
holds information about music records, associated tags, and places to
download them?"

You can try it out, it works :-) (I tested it with ARQ)

$ sparql --query=void.sparql
Ask => Yes

I am sure there is a way to make the query smaller, but I am not
really a SPARQL guru.

I still think it provides a really simple way to automatically point a
user agent to the right direction - "oh, you should look over there,
it knows how to answer your query".

Cheers!