RE: "VoCamp" - Proposal for a Vocabulary/Ontology Hackfest - Call for Expressions of Interest (was RE: [call for comments] voiD - vocabulary of interlinked datasets)

From: Ben O'Steen <bosteen@maysubdivide.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 15:59:25 +0100 (BST)
To: public-lod@w3.org

>> > Oxford has been proposed as a possible venue, but neither
>> this or any
>> > other details are set in stone, it all depends on YOU! :D

Oxford is the only place for this.

Ben O'Steen, Oxford University Archive, Oxford resident.

* ducks *

But seriously, if it is in the UK, I would really like to get involved with
this as I am getting more time to work on vocabs and it is becoming more and
more crucial (in my mind) to the way I am working.

I heard a phrase at the Talis research day yesterday - "design [your systems]
for appropriation". I think the first step for this is talking a common set of
ontologies and VoCamp sounds like a great idea for agreeing on sets or
creating them.

As long as it doesn't happen between 11th July to the 1st August of course :)