Re: Library of Congress Subject Headings as SKOS Linked Data

From: Ed Summers <ehs@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 09:25:02 -0400
To: "SWD Working SWD" <public-swd-wg@w3.org>, public-lod@w3.org

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 12:38 PM, Houghton,Andrew <houghtoa@oclc.org> wrote:
> It should be issuing a 3XX per TAG's HTTP-range14 decision, if I read that decision correctly.

Well this is the advantage of using the Hash-URI. The web application
at lcsh.info doesn't have to issue a 303 for the LCSH concept URIs
such as:

  http://lcsh.info/sh95000541#concept

since HTTP doesn't allow you to request the complete URI with the
fragment. I think my implementation is consistent with httpRange14.
But I welcome arguments to the contrary as this is precisely the sort
of stuff I'm trying to make sure is correct.

//Ed