Re: More ESWC 2008 Linked Data Playground

On 10 Jun 2008, at 07:55, Chris Bizer wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> some quick comments on this thread:
>
> 1. I'm currently swamped with work. Therefore getting the final
> version of the ESWC dataset (including some bug fixes, updated ESWC
> conf data website, ...) out won't happen before the end of the
> week. The same is true for the WWW2008 dataset.

I think Chris and Daniel have said it all, but I'm going to stick in
my two penn'orth. The main task of the organisers of the conference
is to organise the conference. Bluntly speaking, although I
personally think the publication of SW data is important (and spent a
great deal of my own time on it for ESWC07), it's a side issue, and
there are other, timely things that we need(ed) to spend our time on.

There was a small team doing the local organisation and they were
working pretty damn hard last week to handle a number of issues --
please note I'm not talking about myself here, but the people
managing the day to day running of the event, who also happened to be
responsible for the website. So yes it may be "just about adding a
line to some HTML", but occasionally there just isn't enough resource
to even get simple things done immediately. There are only 24 hours
in the day, and it's good to sleep for some of them :-).

The data set has been produced -- Chris and his team did a great job
this year -- and ultimately, we /will/ have things linked up.

	Sean

--
Sean Bechhofer
School of Computer Science