Re: Library of Congress Subject Headings as SKOS Linked Data

Hausenblas, Michael wrote:
> Ed,
>
> Congrats! Very, very impressive usage of both linked data and RDFa ;)
>
> Especially your 'GRDDL stuff' in the header should be used in 'good
> practice' somewhere on SWD or LOD I think.

Micheal,

Yes.

In an earlier thread re. ESW 2008 Playground I stated that at least one
of the following (where feasible) should be standard practice re.
adherence to Linked Data Deplyment tenets:
1. Handling Content Negotiation requests
2. <link rel=-"alternate"..../>  (when HTML is requested)
3. GRDDL profile in <head/> plus <link rel="transformation".../>  (when
(X)HTML or  XML is requested)
4. eRDF or RDFa (when HTML or (X)HTML is requested)

The above makes the assumption that derferencable URIs are used in the
RDF Data Sources that are being deployed into the Web.

This is how the Linked Data Web matrializes within the existing Web,
unobtrusively (imho).

Ed: We will load you stuff into a Virtuoso instance latter today, and
point you to a public SPARQL endpoint etc..  Our ultimate goal is the
expose the entire LOD Linked Data Space via a SPARQL endpoint via EC2
instances such that anyone can enable and disable these sparql endpoints
in the Clouds without the traditional overhead of data loading,
indexing, and platform tunning. We just want LOD exploiters to click go,
and that's it.

Kingsley

President & CEO