Re: Geohash for events

From: Bernard Vatant <bernard.vatant@mondeca.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 10:04:14 +0200
To: KANZAKI Masahide <mkanzaki@gmail.com>
Cc: Linking Open Data <public-lod@w3.org>, Gustavo Niemeyer <gustavo@niemeyer.net>

Hello 'masaka'

KANZAKI Masahide a écrit :
> Hello Bernard,
> I've been thinking something similar, and test implemented such URI, e.g.:
> http://www.kanzaki.com/ns/geo/u0tyz0ssw:2008-10-26_2008-10-31;International_Semantic_Web_Conference
Very cool. Tried a similar one

One thing I was wondering was how to encapsulate the URI of the event
itself, something like (completely incorrect syntax, but you get the
idea again)
> Because URIs in geohash.org identify services, not things like events
> or places, I use 302 redirection to represent RDF/XML data.
> Some
> notes:
> - data/time delimiter changed from enclosing [] to tailing ;, since []
> are reserved chars in URI and would cause some identification troubles
Indeed. I tossed the original example just to push the general idea of
encapsulation without much thinking about what correct separators should
> - currently use RDFical vocabulary for events. Care should be taken
> for 'dtend', as it must be "non-inclusive end of the event" (i.e. one
> day after the last day of an event)
> Not quite sure how useful in practice, but interesting trial (still
> needs some fixes).
I'll stay tuned to further developments. Curious to have Gustavo
feedback on this.

*Bernard Vatant
*Knowledge Engineering
*3, cité Nollez 75018 Paris France