Re: Why not a generic skos:label datatype property? Re: Southampton Pub data as linked open data

Bernhard Schandl a écrit :
>> Just to be sure everyone caught it correctly : there is *no* such
>> property as skos:label *so far* in the SKOS vocabulary.
>> My proposal is to introduce it in SKOS as a clean, OWL-DL conformant,
>> alternative to various hacking of rdfs:label non-semantics.
>
> Why not use the already existing skos:prefLabel for this?
Because skos:prefLabel has specific semantics relevant to the
library/thesaurus world (like a single prefLabel in a given language)
which might be, well,  too ... specific :-) for a general labeling use.

> Also, the SKOS extension for labelling (XL) may be a good starting
> point for this; this vocabulary already allows one to define different
> labels and also model relationships between them.
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/skos-reference/#L4945>
This is for *reified* (so-to-speak) labels, in advanced terminology
management. Nothing to do with the current debate, what we need is
something as simple and generic in scope as rdfs:label, but defined as a
datatype property.

Bernard

--

*Bernard Vatant