Re: Semantic CrunchBase

Benjamin Nowack wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A first version is now online[1]. The setup isn't complete yet (conneg is
> still missing, and there are no mappings to other LOD datasets or even
> known vocabs).
>
> I took a slightly different approach to publishing the data. The resource
> URIs are (fake-)hash-based (e.g. [2]), the related doc contains a pointer
> to an RDF/XML (or conneg'd RDF/JSON) version. The HTML pages contain (the
> beginning of) a new rdf-in-html format (called poshRDF) I'm experimenting
> with, but I could possibly turn them into RDFa as well.
>
> WRT to the attribution requirement, I've added links to the original source
> at the resource level, so at least resource-oriented RDF browsers should
> auto-render those back-links to crunchbase.com.
>
> Cheers so far,
> Benji
>

> [1] http://cb.semsol.org/
> [2] http://cb.semsol.org/company/facebook#self
>
> --
> Benjamin Nowack
> http://bnode.org/

Bengee,

Cool!

I found Digg to be a better demo re. the Linked Data Space that you are
materializing from Crunchbase [1].

So my little demo sequence goes like this:

1. Open <http://cb.semsol.org/company/digg> in Firefox (with the
OpenLink Data Explorer Extension [2] )
2. Take: View | Linked Data Sources path (via main or context menu routes)
3. Linked Data Graph revealed starting the graph exploration from the
description of the (X)HTML container document.

Links:

1.
http://demo.openlinksw.com/rdfbrowser2/?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fcb.semsol.org%2Fcompany%2Fdigg
2. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/8062

Kingsley
> On 17.07.2008 21:16:14, Benjamin Nowack wrote:
>
>> Heyup,
>>
>> Just a short heads-up that I'm working on an RDF export and SPARQL
>> thingy for the recently announced[1] CrunchBase API[2]. The data is
>> really cool and could probably make a great LOD node. I'm in loose[3]
>> contact with the folks behind the API, they seem to be pretty open (we
>> may have to inject attribution triples somehow). Anyway, I'm still
>> importing the 27K source graphs, but might need some help with
>> generating hooks into dbpedia (or whatever makes sense link-wise) once
>> I've set up browser and endpoint.
>>
>> Cheers so far,
>> Benji
>>
>> [1]