Re: Ordnance Survey data as Linked Data (RE: How do you deprecate URIs? Re: OWL-DL and linked data)

Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> Afraz Jaffri wrote:
>> We are pleased to announce a Linked Data site for the Ordnance
>> Survey, available at:
>>
>> http://os.rkbexplorer.com
>>
>> with links from over 8000 URIs to Geonames URIs. Take 'Hampshire' as
>> an example:
>>
> Afraz,
>> http://os.rkbexplorer.com/description/osr7000000000017765
>>

> kidehen$ curl -I -H "Accept: application/rdf+xml"
> http://os.rkbexplorer.com/description/osr7000000000017765
> HTTP/1.1 406 Not Acceptable
> Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 20:31:35 GMT
> Server: Apache/2.0.52 (Red Hat)
> Connection: close
>
> Why no 303 or use of <link rel="[relavant-predicate]" .../>  so that
> User Agents can locate
> <http://os.rkbexplorer.com/data/osr7000000000017765> .
>
> My issues are summarized here:
>
> http://demo.openlinksw.com/rdfbrowser2/?uri%5B%5D=http%3A%2F%2Fos.rkbexplorer.com%2Fdescription%2Fosr7000000000017765&uri%5B%5D=http%3A%2F%2Fos.rkbexplorer.com%2Fdata%2Fosr7000000000017765&
>

> Kingsley

I also forgot to mention obvous use of RDFa in the HTML doc which
broadens the range of rdf aware user agents tha commence RDF discovery
from HTML

Kingsley Idehen       Weblog: http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/~kidehen
President & CEO