Re: Potential Home for LOD Data Sets - is it Open?

Hugh Glaser wrote:
> Thanks Kingsley.
> In case I am still misunderstanding, a quick question:
>
> On 06/12/2008 23:53, "Kingsley Idehen" <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
>
>> Linking Open Data Sets on the Web, is about publishing RDF archives with
>> the following characteristics:
>>
>> 1. De-referencable URIs

> So if someone decides to follow this way and puts their Linked Data in the
> Amazon cloud using this method, can I de-reference a URI to it using my
> normal browser or curl it from my machine?

Hugh,

Absolutely!

For instance, a EC2 based instance of DBpedia will do the following:

1. Localize the de-referencing task (i.e. not pass this on to general
public instance of DBpedia)
2. Project triples that connect back to the <http://dbpedia.org> via
owl:sameAs (*this was basically what Dan was clarifying in our exchange
earlier this week*)

The fundamental goal is to use Federation to propagate Linked Data
(meme, value prop., and business models) :-)

btw - Neurocommons is a data set is now live at the following locations:

1. http://kingsley.idehen.name (*temporary as I simply used this to set
up the AMI and verify the entire DB construction process)
2. http://ec2-67-202-37-125.compute-1.amazonaws.com/ (*instance set up
by Hugh to double-verify what I did*)

Neurcommons takes about 14hrs+ to construct under the best of
circumstances. The process is now 1.15 hrs and you have your own
personal or service specific neurocommons database.

Next stop, Bio2Rdf :-)

> Thanks.
> Hugh

President & CEO