Re: Potential Home for LOD Data Sets

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 9:37 PM, Hugh Glaser <hg@ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
> Does this not mean it costs me money on my EC2 account? Or is there some other way of accessing the data? Or am I looking at the wrong bit?
> Ie Can you give me a clue how to get at the data without using my credit card please? :-)

You still have to pay to run an EC2 instance (0.15 $US per hour).
That's the advantage to Amazon.  The advantage to you is 1) you don't
have to download all the data over a slow Internet connection, 2) you
don't have to pay to transfer the data into EC2 or S3, and 3) you can
start and stop the EC2 instances whenever you want, and the data will
still be there.

-Stuart Sierra
altlaw.org