Re: DBpedia+Virtuoso EC2 AMI

Kingsley Idehen wrote:

> All,
>
> Quick FYI.
>
> What is Virtuoso+DBpedia AMI for EC2?
> An pre-installed and fully tuned edition of Virtuoso that includes a
> fully configured DBpedia instance on Amazon's EC2 Cloud platform.

Nice work :)

> Benefits?
> Generally, it provides a no hassles mechanism for instantiating
> personal, organization, or service specific instances of DBpedia within
> approximately 1.5 hours as opposed to a lengthy rebuild from RDF source
> data that takes between 8 - 22 hours depending on machine hardware
> configuration and host operating system resources.
>
>  From a Web Entrepreneur perspective it offers all of the generic
> benefits of a Virtuoso AMI on EC2 plus the following:
>
> 1. Instant bootstrap of a dense Lookup Hub for Linked Data Web oriented
> solutions
> 2. No exposure to any of the complexities and nuances associated with
> deployment of de-referencable URIs (you have a local DBpedia replica)

Does this mean all the URIs are dbpedia.mysite.example.com rather than
dbpedia.org/* ?

In http://kingsley.idehen.name/page/Linked_Data I see
'http://dbpedia.org/resource/Linked_Data' at the top of the page, but no
  owl:sameAs to http://kingsley.idehen.name/page/Linked_Data

The raw data links aren't working for me at the moment:
eg.

curl
"http://kingsley.idehen.name/sparql?default-graph-uri=http%3A%2F%2Fdbpedia.org&query=DESCRIBE+%3Chttp://kingsley.idehen.name/resource/Linked_Data%3E&output=xml"
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
xmlns:rdfs="http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#">

etc., ... but I get the impression the RDF files use the main dbpedia
URI space, while the HTML uses local references. If that's the case, how
might this look in RDFa?

cheers,

Dan