Re: soliciting your favorite (public) SPARQL queries!

Lee Feigenbaum wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm putting together a "SPARQL by Example" tutorial, which is, as the
> name suggests, a step-by-step introduction to SPARQL taught almost
> entirely through complete, runnable SPARQL queries.
>
> So far, I've gathered a great deal of example queries myself, but I
> know that many subscribers to these lists probably have favorite
> queries of their own that you might be willing to share with me.
>
> I'm looking for:
>
> 1) SPARQL queries
> 2) ...that can be run by anyone (no private data sets)
> 3a)...either by running the query against a public SPARQL endpoint
> 3b)...or by using a public SPARQL endpoint that will fetch
> HTTP-accessible RDF data (e.g. sparql.org or demo.openlinksw.com)
> 4) ...that answers a real* question
> 5) ...and that is fun!**
>
> * real is in the eye of the beholder, I imagine, but I'm not looking
> for  "finds the predicates that relate ex:s and ex:o in this sample
> RDF graph"
>
> ** fun is also in the eye of the beholder. fun can be a query on fun
> data; a clever query that may illustrate a particular SPARQL construct
> ("trick"); a query that integrates interesting information; a query
> with surprising results; etc.
>
> thanks to anyone who is able to contribute!
> Lee
>
> PS I plan to make the tutorial slides available online under an
> appropriate CC license once they are completed.

Lee,

Here are our contributions (endpoint: http://demo.openlinksw.com/sparql):

1. http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/NorthWindREF
- against live RDF Views of Northwind SQL Database (Products, Customers,
Orders etc.)

2. http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/ODSSIOCRef -
collection of SPARQL queries against SIOC based exploration of OpenLink
Data Space s blogs, wikis, bookmarks, calendars, feed subscriptions etc..)

3. http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/ODSFOAFRef -
collection of SPARQL queries for FOAF navigation of OpenLink Data Spaces

4. http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/ODSSKOSRef -
collection of SPARQL queries for SKOS based exploration of Tag Spaces
associated with OpenLink Data Spaces

5. http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/SIOCRefDocs-
collection of SPARQL queries using SIOC to explore Virtuoso's Online
Docs Data Space

6.
http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/WordPressSIOCRef
- SPARQL queries for exploring Wordpress Data when Deployed via
Virtuoso's PHP runtime hosting

7.
http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/MediaWikiSIOCRef
- ditto re. MediaWiki

8. http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/PHPBB3SIOCRef
- ditto phpBB

9. http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/DrupalSIOCRef
- ditto Drupal

10. http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/benchmarks-200801/#queries - DBpedia
Benchmark Queries (* run against the DBpedia SPARQL endpoint at:
http://dbpedia.org/sparql *)

11. http://tinyurl.com/5fjp5h - Collection of Inference based Queries
against DBpedia that leverage the Yago Class Hierarchy

Note: re. the ODS examples (items 2 - 4 ), if you change the SPARQL
endpoint to: <http://community.linkeddata.org/sparql> , and Graph IRI in
the SPARQL FROM clause to: <http://community.linkeddata.org/sparql>, you
can then run the SIOC, FOAF, SKOS examples against the live LOD Data
Space with more interesting results.

Kingsley Idehen       Weblog: http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/~kidehen
President & CEO