Re: Linked Movie DataBase

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 8:28 PM, Sören Auer
<auer@informatik.uni-leipzig.de> wrote:
> Hi Oktie, all,
>
> Great work you have done with LinkedMDB.org!

Thanks Sören!

> I would like to point you to another open movie data related project: Open
> Movie Database (http:/omdb.org), which contains very high quality data and
> is completely free and open.

 We will soon add links to OMDB.org as well. We would also like to
contribute to the OMDB by sending them back the links we find to other
data sources (If I'm not making a mistake, most of the OMDB articles
currently don't link to other related web sites).
 As a side note, we chose to start with freebase data since the number
of movies on OMDB was around 9,000 when we started setting up
LinkedMDB (as mentioned in our 2-page report) comparing with more than
38,000 freebase movies. Although OMDB is also growing fast, and has
around 12,000 movies now.

Regards,
Oktie