RE: Linked Movie DataBase

Hi Michael,

> >e.g. http://dbpedia.org/resource/Madonna_(entertainer) is not a valid
> DBpedia resource URI. the correct one is
> http://dbpedia.org/resource/Madonna_%28entertainer%29
>
> Hm. Could you clearify this please?

Try describe queries on those two URIs at dbpedia.org/sparql.
the url_encoded URI is the correct one, containing all the data about
Madonna.
DBpedia *always* uses url_encoded URIs for resources!

http://dbpedia.org/page/Madonna_(entertainer) is a bridge to
DESCRIBE http://dbpedia.org/resource/Madonna_(entertainer)

The only result for that query is a sameAs link to Yago, which has been
contributed externally and was not created by the DBpedia team. And it's
wrong.
But since the triple dbpedia:Madonna_(entertainer) owl:sameas
yago:Madonna_(entertainer) is available in the graph store, users might
get the impression that it's a valid URI.

> curl -I http://dbpedia.org/page/Madonna_(entertainer)
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Server: Virtuoso/05.00.3032 (Solaris) x86_64-sun-solaris2.10-64  VDB
> Connection: Keep-Alive
> Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 11:40:26 GMT
> Accept-Ranges: bytes
> Expires: Sat, 02 Aug 2008 11:40:26 GMT

However, our Linked Data bridge (formerly Pubby, now Virtuoso's own
implementation) returns a http 200 on every URI, even if there's no data
available, e.g. on
http://dbpedia.org/resource/Hey_I'm_not_a_valid_DBpedia_URI.
Maybe we should change that...

Best,