Re: U.S. corporate ownership RDF data

Richard Cyganiak wrote:
> 1. I tried to open the example URIs in the Tabulator data browser, but
> for some reason Tabulator doesn't kick in, I just see Firefox's usual
> RDF source view. The “Get Info” window in Firefox says that the RDF is
> served as text/xml, which would explain the effect. But if I try to
> confirm this with curl it seems like the results are actually correctly
> served as application/rdf+xml. Any idea what's going on?

It's possible that if text/xml is specified in the Accept: request
header (perhaps in addition to application/rdf+xml), that text/xml may
be the content type set in the response. I'll have to take a closer look.

> 2. You use 302 redirects to get from the identifiers for people and
> companies to their RDF descriptions. Is this an oversight? Shouldn't it
> be 303, because the redirect goes from one resource (e.g. a person) to a
> different resource (an RDF document about the person)?

It's an oversight (though I think the difference is rather silly).

> 3. Is the schema (especially the ussec namespace) documented anywhere?
 > Is there a list of all the available properties?

Nope. Except in the source code of the parser.

> I tried to get such a
> list using "SELECT DISTINCT ?p WHERE { ?s ?p ?o }" but this seems to
> exceed the endpoint's execution time limit.

Yeah. That's a difficult one to execute rapidly... Also note that it's
the same end point that serves the Census data set and everything else I
have, so that's potentially scanning a billion statements.

> 4. As I'm not familiar with the U.S. environment: What is the coverage
> of this data? Is it all publicly traded U.S. companies?

I'm not sure. Data entries only exist when stock holdings change, so
really nothing is guaranteed to be in there.

> 5. I see you have a Semantic Sitemap at rdfabout.com -- can you add this
> dataset to it? (This helps us index the dataset into Sindice.)

Ooops, yes.

Thanks.

--
- Josh Tauberer

http://razor.occams.info

"Yields falsehood when preceded by its quotation!  Yields