Re: What are proper URIs for RDF representations of real existing content

On Apr 4, 2008, at 7:50 AM, Richard Cyganiak wrote:

> On 4 Apr 2008, at 04:25, Mark Diggory wrote:
>> Thinking about this further...

>> and, would the resource in this rdf resolved by tacking on the
>> file extension contain the same URI as the example above based on
>> the re-negotiation above? I.E.

>> or would it be the location used to resolve the rdf?

>> I assume it would be the former?
>
> Yes, I think that would be best, because if the URI is passed
> around further, then clients can still get HTML or RDF depending on
> their preferences.
>
> Richard

Ok so now I have

http://dspace-test.mit.edu/metadata/handle/1721.1/29806/rdf.xml

and
'
http://dspace-test.mit.edu/handle/1721.1/29806

the later using content negotiation, the former is available via
default.  They each contain "http://dspace-test.mit.edu/handle/
1721.1/29806" as the URI they are describing.

many thanks,
Mark

Mark R. Diggory - DSpace Developer and Systems Manager
MIT Libraries, Systems and Technology Services
Massachusetts Institute of Technology