Re: LOD cloud updated

Aldo,

Sorry for that being a private email btw, I still haven't gotten used
to clicking reply all instead of reply for W3C mailing lists!

I think for one of the most "connected" elements in the graph, FOAF,
is so distributed that it would be impossible to put a number on it,
although approximate values from a popular FOAF search engine might
work. For many of them as you point out one is able to give
approximate values even when the data is not stored in a monolithic
triple store.

I would like a Linked Data diagram which explicitly gave the links
between the FOAF related sites, ie, which sites and whether they do
actually interoperate, as currently a large swatch of the graph is
simply whether they incorporate FOAF terminology at all. It would be
nice to have a restricted set of sites which explicitly utilise links
between FOAF documents, however hacky that may seem with the current
rather unique FOAF conventions.

Just to clarify overall though, is FOAF in its current recommended
usages, ie, give a name and an mboxsha1sum as the "linked data"
considered part of the mainstream? Is extending one of these entries
with a generic seeAlso considered "linked data"? Should FOAF be not
considered Linked Data unless the items are given dereferenceable
URI's using a meaningful foaf terminology term?

Cheers,

Peter