Re: About the location class in the Core Location Vocabulary (locn)

Hello Cristiano,

I would venture to say that using the name of an organization as a
geographicName is inappropriate.

Perhaps a definition of what a geographical name is can be of service.
Geographical names are "Names of areas, regions, localities, cities,
suburbs, towns or settlements, or any geographical or topographical feature
of public or historical interest.". This is a defintion from the INSPIRE
data specification for Geogaphical Names
<http://inspire.jrc.ec.europa.eu/documents/Data_Specifications/INSPIRE_DataSpecification_GN_v3.0.1.pdf>
that
LOCN refers to. A geographic name is something that could be used in a
gazetteer, a single name to indicate a certain location. Examples are
'Berlin', 'Sahara', 'Eiffel tower', 'Mississippi'. So a geographic name is
a text label for a location.

I would say the name of an organization in general is not the label of a
location, but of an organization.

If you want to use the geographicName property (you don't have to), I would
suggest you use it to refer to the name of the city, neighbourhood, or
building in which the event is taking place.

Regards,
Frans

--
Frans Knibbe