Re: space and time

Frans, Bart,

I tend to agree with your position.

By (tentatively) including the "temporal" dimension in the draft on
the proposed metadata extension [1], I was not assuming that we
necessarily need a specific way of expressing "time" for geo
meta/data.

My purpose was more to raise the question on whether we should deal or
not with this topic. Your work, Frans, on the Dutch registry of
building and addresses [2], raised for me an issue on whether the LOCN
voc, or its extensions, should take into account also the temporal
context of location information. Moreover, the representation of
"time" was identified during the LGD'14 barcamp session proposed by
Jeremy [3] as one of the key issues to be addressed for the
representation of geo data through RDF/OWL. And, also based on that,
there was some discussion on the possibility of moving the W3C Time
Ontology into the recommendation track.

I would be very interested to know the opinions of the group on this.

Cheers,

Andrea

----
[1]https://www.w3.org/community/locadd/wiki/LOCN_extension:_Metadata
[2]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-locadd/2014May/0001.html
[3]http://www.w3.org/2014/03/06-lgd-minutes.html#tandyBarCamp

--
Andrea Perego, Ph.D.
European Commission DG JRC

https://ec.europa.eu/jrc/

----
The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may
not in any circumstances be regarded as stating an official
position of the European Commission.