RE: Sub-properties for locn:geometry? (was: RE: ISA Core Location Vocabulary)

Sure. But this can already be presented with the current model.

From: Oscar Corcho [mailto:ocorcho@fi.upm.es]
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 4:23 PM
To: Sven Schade; Simon.Cox@csiro.au; frans.knibbe@geodan.nl;
public-locadd@w3.org
Subject: Re: Sub-properties for locn:geometry? (was: RE: ISA Core Location
Vocabulary)

In my opinion, the distinction between features and geometries is very
relevant.

Our use case (very simple indeed):

One of the datasets that we handle at our APIs in Localidata is related to
business units in cities (shops, theaters, etc., that is, places in
general).

*	From the perspective of a general user, a shop can be easily
represented with a lat-long, or a set of lat-longs for the different entries
if in different streets.
*	From the perspective of the city managers, a shop is also related to
the actual unit where it is, and hence a polygon is needed (the ones usually
used by cadastral offices).

Oscar

--

Oscar Corcho