From: Ghislain Atemezing [mailto:auguste.atemezing@eurecom.fr]
Sent: Wednesday, 8 January 2014 10:42 PM
To: Cox, Simon (CLW, Highett)
Cc: frans.knibbe@geodan.nl; public-locadd@w3.org
Subject: Re: ISA Core Location Vocabulary

Hi Simon,

[ I always get lost inside ISO documents...Thanks God we have OGC experts in this group ;) ]

The ISO ontologies you (Ghislain) found on the CSIRO site includes a skeleton with just the class hierarchy -
http://def.seegrid.csiro.au/isotc211/iso19111/2007/crs [1] but almost none of the properties, yet.
ISO/TC 211 will complete these in due course.

Yes, I can see it now. And I realize a lot of imports, and was wondering if they are all import ants...(see http://www.essepuntato.it/lode/owlapi/http://def.seegrid.csiro.au/isotc211/iso19111/2007/crs<http://www.essepuntato.it/lode/owlapi/http:/def.seegrid.csiro.au/isotc211/iso19111/2007/crs> )

Please note that the ISO ontologies are/will be very literal translations of the UML models, so may miss a few tricks that would be used starting with OWL, but do nevertheless embody a great deal of analysis and 'tradition'.

Regarding UMLs, it seems to me that the import rules strictly follow the UML model packages and dependencies (Figure 4, Page 15) of the document at [1] . Am I wrong?  With the folks at IGN-France, the first version of the CRS vocabulary we worked on take the core elements within the UML diagram in Page 22,
Figure 6 named "SC_CoordinateReferenceSystem package. (see the attached file)[cid:image002.jpg@01CF0D1F.90038210]
Some harmonization would probably be desirable.

+1 . And this can be done within this CG?

Best,
Ghislain

[1] portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=39049