Re: Typos

(Original mail:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-locadd/2014Jan/0029.html. See
also: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-locadd/2014Jan/0026.html)

Ghislain, Raphaël, thanks for raising this issue. I'm moving this
discussion in a separate thread, since it concerns more in general the
issue of how to re-use terms from existing vocabularies.

About defining a new class: Michael and I, along with the ISA CLV TF,
decided not to do that, since we meant to promote the re-use of
dcterms:Location. Defining a class locn:Location, even as a subclass of
dcterms:Location, would have had the opposite effect.

We tried not to specify additional statements to the current definition of
dcterms:Location (and possible future changes). This is why
dcterms:Location is not typed, and domain and range are left unspecified.
But we had to add some annotation properties (plus vs:term_status and
dcterms:identifier) to explain how it was meant to be re-used in the scope
of the LOCN vocabulary.

Of course, the same applies to term "geographic identifier" (as spotted by
Raphaël in [1]).

So, the question is: can we agree on a way to give a context to statements
concerning the re-use of terms from existing vocabularies? Should we use,
e.g., the PROV and/or Open Annotation data models, even though this would
make the specification more complex?

@Bernard, I wonder whether you would like to contribute your view on this
issue.

It may be also good to share this discussion with other WGs/CGs, who have
already addressed / are going to address this and similar issues.

@Phil, any suggestion?

Thanks!

Andrea

----
[1]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-locadd/2014Jan/0026.html

--
Andrea Perego, Ph.D.
European Commission DG JRC

DE+RD Unit: http://ies.jrc.ec.europa.eu/DE

----
The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may
not in any circumstances be regarded as stating an official
position of the European Commission.